We offer customized private tutoring programs tailored to the individual needs of each student.
To register for tutoring, please click the button below and complete the form.
- Keep in mind that the registration form requires you to complete all required fields.
- Successfully submitted forms will lead directly to a ‘thank you’ page where you will see these words: Tutoring Registration Confirmation
Here are some of the subjects we tutor:
Admissions Exams: SAT, ACT, ISEE, SSAT, GRE, LSAT, and GMAT.
SAT Subject Tests: Literature, US History, World History, Mathematics 1, Mathematics 2, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and selected World Languages
AP Exams: Biology, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Physics, Statistics, English Language and Composition, English Literature and Composition, European History, Comparative Government, American Government, US History, World History, and select World Languages.
Academic Tutoring: We can help with most middle and high school subjects including:
- Math – algebra, geometry, pre-calculus, calculus, statistics
- Science – physics, chemistry, biology
- History – U.S. , world
Tutoring or a Full Prep Course?
Not sure whether you should take a full prep course or sign up for private tutoring? Steve Sandweiss answers your questions in our video. If you have more questions about your specific situation, please contact us for information.
Important Information about Scheduling Tutoring:
- Make sure to review our tutoring policies!
- Complete and submit the form below: Fill in every required field (*) and check to make sure you receive an email confirmation of submission.
- We use the availability provided to schedule tutoring so please make sure to let us know the earliest possible starting and ending times each day you can attend appointments.
- Please do not hesitate to call us during regular business hours. We are always available to answer your questions.
- For the fastest response outside of regular business hours, emailing may be best.
- Our scheduling system requires that all scheduling be conducted via email correspondence. We are always happy to discuss your situation and to answer your questions over the phone, but we cannot schedule appointments over the phone.
Individual tutoring: $90 per hour
Upon request, if students would like to tutor with a friend or relative who has similar academic needs and availability for appointments, we may be able to arrange sessions for two or more students together at the following rates:
- Joint tutoring (2 students together): $70 per hour per student
- Small group tutoring (3 students together): $55 per hour per student
Tutoring Registration Fees:
We charge a Tutoring Registration and Materials Fee for most tutoring students as follows:
- ACT and SAT/PSAT tutoring students receive a prep book, up to 3 practice tests (with regular timing), PLUS a detailed score report of results for each test proctored in our office (or properly scanned to us if taken at home). Additional tests: $35 each.
- ISEE or SSAT tutoring students receive a prep book and/or work packets (depending upon the test level), up to 3 practice tests (with regular timing), PLUS a detailed score report for each test proctored in our office (or properly scanned to us if taken at home). Additional tests: $35 each.
- GRE tutoring students receive a prep book, plus a great deal of additional practice test material, including a code to to access six online practice tests.
- LSAT tutoring students receive a prep book, plus a great deal of additional practice test material, including access to our extensive library of LSAT tests for practice.
*The registration fee does not apply to GMAT tutoring, SAT Subject Test tutoring, AP test tutoring and Academic tutoring. Proctored SAT Subject Tests are $20 each.
- The Tutoring Registration Fee is due at or before the first tutoring appointment.
- Students who receive extra time or other testing accommodations will be charged an additional fee. Please contact us for details.
If you have already registered for your tutoring program and need to make a payment, please visit our Payment Page.
- If you do not receive a confirmation message on this page after submitting your form, we will not receive it.
- If you do not receive a confirmation email directing you to check your form for errors, we have not received it.
- Thank you for trying again!
We understand that many of our clients have very busy schedules and that situations arise that would require rescheduling or canceling an appointment. We kindly request that you provide us with 48 hours notice to avoid charges. Notice of less than 48 hours will generally incur charges for the full amount of the initially-scheduled session fee. Appointments considered to be a ‘No Show’ with no call to cancel will also be charged at the full tutoring rate. Thank you for your understanding.
What Our Students and Parents Say
Sandweiss is a fabulous learning environment for students of all ages. Steve and his team take an individualized approach to every student and find ways to make test prep and tutoring rewarding by focusing on self regulated learning. His ability to break down the elements of standardized testing is beyond valuable. I highly recommend Sandweiss!
– Bellevue Student (LSAT)
I took the GRE prep course, and I must say this was amazing. Steve was great, the material was immensely helpful, and the class was well organized. The structure also really helped me get my butt in gear – I did practice problems each week, and several practice tests, all of which were provided in the package. The strategies I learned were absolutely helpful on the test and I scored very very well!
– Kenmore Student (GRE)
My son increased his ACT scores by 7 points. While it took effort on his part, Sandweiss helped him come up with strategies and time management skills in order to be more successful. Communication and follow up all were professional and thorough.
– Woodinville Parent (ACT)