While we are quarantining at home may be a great time to take care of diagnostic testing for your upcoming standardized testing needs!
- High School Students – Sophomores, Juniors and Seniors: Please scroll down and complete the form on this page to register for an SAT or ACT diagnostic test with us, then pay for one test, and we will send you an ACT or SAT, along with instructions to proctor yourself. If you’d like to take both tests, the second test is now free! We also provide you with detailed score reports, analysis, and recommendations to help you determine which test to study for and how to consider preparing for your test – at home now or later on.
- Families with Students Applying to Private Schools this Fall and Winter 2020-2021: Please scroll down and complete the form on this page to register for a diagnostic ISEE or SSAT test, and we will send you instructions to proctor your child at home. We will also provide a score report, analysis, and recommendations regarding how much help your student will likely need to be prepared to take their test next fall. Price Reduced to $25 for an ISEE or SSAT diagnostic until we are open for testing in our office again.
- Applying to Graduate School? Register via the form below to receive detailed instructions regarding how to take a free GRE or GMAT online.
- Applying to Law School? Complete the registration form below, and we will send you an LSAT diagnostic test and proctoring instructions. We will then score your test, and send your results, along with an assessment of your preparation needs.
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide in-office diagnostic testing at this time. Once the fear of contagion from the coronavirus has abated, we will again provide in-office diagnostic testing for the following exams: ACT, SAT, LSAT, ISEE, and SSAT. GRE and GMAT diagnostic tests are computerized exams that can be taken in our office or elsewhere.
Our diagnostic testing is designed as a first step for students who are interested in preparing for their official exam with us. Diagnostic tests provide you with insight into what the test is like. The results help us to see where you need the most guidance and enable us to recommend the best method of preparation for you. Each diagnostic test is a full-length exam taken under exam conditions. If you have already taken the test you are preparing for, we can use your past scores as a substitute for a diagnostic test.
Once we’ve scored your diagnostic or had a look at your previous test results, we’ll provide feedback and analysis including a detailed score report, and we’ll let you know about our various test preparation options. If an ACT and an SAT are taken or past scores are sent to us from one or both exams, our analysis will include a comparison of each comparable section, and a recommendation regarding which test may put you in the position to perform your best. We will subsequently recommend either one of our full-length courses or private tutoring, or a combination of the two.
*Although we do provide students with an essay prompt for the ACT and SAT diagnostics, the official essays are optional and we generally do not provide a score. We can provide feedback on diagnostic essays within our tutoring program, and/or in a group class upon request. You have the option to skip the essay portion of the diagnostic; we will teach you the rubric and strategies for it in our test prep programs, and we’ll encourage you to practice writing the essay during the practice tests included in your prep.
- All diagnostic testing requests must be received at least 24 hours before you plan to take the test at home.
- Payment must be provided in order for us to email you your score report and results. You may pay the diagnostic fee online.
- There’s no pressure to sign up for any specific services – we will give you an honest and straightforward assessment of your test preparation needs, so that you can make your own decision about which option is best for you.
- We do not provide diagnostic testing for students who are working with, or planning to work with, another other test prep company or individual tutor outside of our organization.
Register for a Diagnostic Test
What Our Students and Parents Say
Both my girls took a free evaluation test (which is good practice and information in itself!) and upon Steve’s recommendation, skipped the class and did a few private sessions. They had flexible scheduling, were easy to work with, and the girls appreciated the sessions – there was no feet dragging when it came to appointment time. Both improved their ACT scores by at least 4 points. Definitely worth the time and money.
– Mercer Island Parent (ACT)