Summer Math Workshops, a.k.a. “Math Camps” will return in July 2020 – scroll down for schedules.
We will be offering several week-long Summer Math Intensive Workshops, intended primarily for students who plan on taking the ISEE or SSAT exam in the fall of 2020. Each workshop will be offered in our Seattle office for two different levels: one for students intending to apply to 6th, 7th or 8th grade, and one for students intending to apply to 9th, 10th, or 11th grade.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide students with an intensive review of the math content that is tested on the ISEE and SSAT exams. Due to the fact that both exams cover some concepts that have not yet been introduced in regular grade-level math courses at school, many prospective test-takers struggle with the quantitative portion of the ISEE or SSAT. Although our regular full-length courses devote several class sessions to learning both content and strategy for the math sections, we have found that some students require more time to master the math concepts they need to know in order to be successful on their exam. Our Math Intensive workshops are designed with these students in mind, but they are open to other students who would benefit from a brief refresher of math skills they have already learned before advancing to a higher-level math class in school.
Each workshop is one week in duration, and we will offer two sections for both levels.
Math Workshop Tuition for course geared to rising 6th, 7th, 8th graders: $400
- 10 hours of instruction – Scroll down to see schedules and to register
Math Workshop Tuition for course geared to rising 9th, 10th, 11th graders: $600
- 15 hours of instruction – Scroll down to see schedules and to register
My daughter did really well on her test and most importantly, she was confident and not anxious. Thank you so much for your efforts.”
Applicants to 6th, 7th, 8th grades:
This Math Workshop will review the following math concepts:
ARITHMETIC (2 LESSONS):
- Number Properties
- Absolute Value and the Number Line
- Ratios and Proportions
- Exponents and Roots
- Units and Measurement
- Sets, Sequences, and Graphs
ALGEBRA (2 LESSONS):
- Translating words into expressions
- Simplifying Expressions
- Solving single-variable Equations
- Simple Functions
- Word Problems
GEOMETRY (1 LESSON):
- Lines and Angles
- Coordinate Geometry
Applicants to 9th, 10th and 11th grades:
This Math Workshop will review all of the concepts described above at a more advanced level. It will also cover these additional concepts:
- Imaginary numbers
- Factoring Polynomials
- Systems of Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Intermediate Functions
- Symbol Problems
- Properties of Polygons
To enroll in a workshop online:
- Complete the workshop registration form below.
- Visit our online payment page to pay your deposit or full course fee.
- Full payment is due at or before the first lesson.
- Find out more about the ISEE and/or SSAT with our ISEE and SSAT FAQ.
- Register for the ISEE or the SSAT.
- Want to see your child’s ISEE or SSAT baseline score? Take an initial diagnostic test before starting this course.
- One ISEE or SSAT diagnostic test is free for those who have registered and paid for an ISEE/SSAT course.
- Check out our Comprehensive ISEE and SSAT courses to more thoroughly prepare for the exams.
Current and Upcoming Courses
ISEE/SSAT Summer 2020 Math Workshops:
- 0720S-A: Workshop for applicants to 9th, 10th, 11th Grades – Seattle – Starting Monday, July 13th, 2020
- 0720S-A: Workshop for applicants to 6th, 7th, 8th Grades – Seattle – Starting Monday, July 13th, 2020
- 0720S-B: Workshop for applicants to 6th, 7th, 8th Grades – Seattle – Starting Monday, July 27th, 2020
- 0720S-B: Workshop for applicants to 9th, 10th, 11th Grades – Seattle – Starting Monday, July 27th, 2020
Click course name below to view each course schedule:
|0720S-A: Applicants to 9th, 10th, 11th Grades – SEATTLE – Starting July 13th, 2020|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 13th||10:00am – 1:00pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 14th||10:00am – 1:00pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 15th||10:00am – 1:00pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 16th||10:00am – 1:00pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 17th||10:00am – 1:00pm|
|0720S-A: Applicants to 6th, 7th, 8th Grades – SEATTLE – Starting July 13th, 2020|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 13th||1:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 14th||1:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 15th||1:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 16th||1:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 17th||1:30pm – 3:30pm|
|0720S-B: Applicants to 6th, 7th, 8th Grades – SEATTLE – Starting July 27th, 2020|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 27th||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 28th||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 29th||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 30th||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 31st||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|0720S-B: Applicants to 9th, 10th, 11th Grades – SEATTLE – Starting July 27th, 2020|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 27th||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 28th||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 29th||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 30th||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 31st||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
Register for an ISEE/SSAT Summer Math Workshop
The following form will send us an email for your registration. After you submit the form you will be provided with a link to a payment page where you will be requested to make a payment for either your $125 course deposit or full course fee. We require the deposit at a minimum to confirm your student’s space in the course If you select the deposit option, you will need to pay the full balance due on or before the course start date.