This year, we are offering both Spring and Summer Math Workshops to help students:
- who need math review and support due to limited math instruction in school this year – or –
- who would benefit from a refresher of math skills they have already learned – or –
- who intend to take the ISEE or SSAT exam in the fall and need more math instruction than our regular ISEE/SSAT course provides
**While the coronavirus requires us to maintain social distancing, we are holding group courses via the Zoom Meeting platform. Students will still be able to ask questions and participate verbally – from the safety of their homes.
This year, we will be providing our Spring Math Workshop lessons via Zoom. Our intention is to offer the Summer Math Workshops in our offices, if possible.
The purpose of the workshop is to provide students with an intensive review of the math content that is tested on the ISEE and SSAT exams. Due to the fact that both exams cover some concepts that have not yet been introduced in regular grade-level math courses at school, many prospective test-takers struggle with the quantitative portion of the ISEE or SSAT. Our regular full-length courses devote several class sessions to learning both content and strategy for the math sections, but we have found that some students require more time to master the math concepts they need to know in order to be successful on their exam. Our Math Intensive workshops are designed with these students in mind, but they are open to other students who would benefit from a brief refresher of math skills they have already learned before advancing to a higher-level math class in school.
Math Workshop Tuition for applicants to 6th grade: $400
- 10 hours of instruction – Scroll down to see schedules and to register
- Students applying to 7th and 8th grades may also benefit from the material presented in this course.
Math Workshop Tuition for applicants to 9th grade: $600
- 15 hours of instruction – Scroll down to see schedules and to register
- Students applying to 10th and 11th grades may also benefit from the material presented in this course.
To enroll in a Math Workshop:
- KEEP SCROLLING down this page to complete the workshop registration form below, and to pay the course deposit or the full course fee.
- Full payment is due at or before the first lesson.
- Find out more about the ISEE and/or SSAT with our ISEE and SSAT FAQ.
- Register for the ISEE or the SSAT.
- Want to see your child’s ISEE or SSAT baseline score? Take an initial diagnostic test before starting this course.
- One ISEE or SSAT diagnostic test is free for those who have registered and paid for an ISEE/SSAT course.
- Check out our Comprehensive ISEE and SSAT courses to more thoroughly prepare for the exams.
My daughter did really well on her test and most importantly, she was confident and not anxious. Thank you so much for your efforts.”
For Applicants to Middle School:
This Math Workshop will review the following math concepts:
ARITHMETIC (2 LESSONS):
- Number Properties
- Absolute Value and the Number Line
- Ratios and Proportions
- Exponents and Roots
- Units and Measurement
- Sets, Sequences, and Graphs
ALGEBRA (2 LESSONS):
- Translating words into expressions
- Simplifying Expressions
- Solving single-variable Equations
- Simple Functions
- Word Problems
GEOMETRY (1 LESSON):
- Lines and Angles
- Coordinate Geometry
For Applicants to High School:
This Math Workshop will review all of the concepts described above at a more advanced level. It will also cover these additional concepts:
- Imaginary numbers
- Factoring Polynomials
- Systems of Equations
- Quadratic Equations
- Intermediate Functions
- Symbol Problems
- Properties of Polygons
Current and Upcoming Courses
Spring 2020 Online Math Workshops – Twice weekly, via Zoom
- 0520Z-MS: For Applicants to Middle School – ONLINE – Starting Wednesday, May, 20th, 2020
- Wednesdays & Fridays for five weeks
- 0520Z-HS: For Applicants to High School – ONLINE – Starting Wednesday, May 20th, 2020
- Wednesdays & Fridays for five weeks
Summer 2020 Math Workshops – One week long, from Monday – Friday:
- 0720B-HS: For Applicants to High School – BELLEVUE – Starting Monday, July 13th, 2020
- 0720B-MS: For Applicants to Middle School – BELLEVUE – Starting Monday, July 13th, 2020
- 0720S-HS: For Applicants to High School – SEATTLE – Starting Monday, July 20th, 2020
- 0720S-MS: For Applicants to Middle School – SEATTLE – Starting Monday, July 20th, 2020
Click course name below to view each course schedule:
|0520Z-MS: Middle School Spring Math Workshop – ONLINE|
|Week 1: Arithmetic||Wednesday, May 20th / Friday, May 22nd||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Week 2: Arithmetic||Wednesday, May 27th / Friday, May 29th||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Week 3: Algebra||Wednesday, June 3rd / Friday, June 5th||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Week 4: Algebra||Wednesday, June 10th / Friday, June 12th||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|Week 5: Geometry||Wednesday, June 17th / Friday, June 19th||4:00pm – 5:00pm|
|0520Z-HS: High School Spring Math Workshop – ONLINE|
|Week 1: Arithmetic||Wednesday, May 20th / Friday, May 22nd||5:00pm – 6:30pm|
|Week 2: Arithmetic||Wednesday, May 27th / Friday, May 29th||5:00pm – 6:30pm|
|Week 3: Algebra||Wednesday, June 3rd / Friday, June 5th||5:00pm – 6:30pm|
|Week 4: Algebra||Wednesday, June 10th / Friday, June 12th||5:00pm – 6:30pm|
|Week 5: Geometry||Wednesday, June 17th / Friday, June 19th||5:00pm – 6:30pm|
|0720B-HS: High School Summer Math Workshop – BELLEVUE|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 13th||11:00am – 2:00pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 14th||11:00am – 2:00pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 15th||11:00am – 2:00pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 16th||11:00am – 2:00pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 17th||11:00am – 2:00pm|
|0720B-MS: Middle School Summer Math Workshop – BELLEVUE|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 13th||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 14th||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 15th||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 16th||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 17th||2:30pm – 4:30pm|
|0720S-MS: Middle School Summer Math Workshop – SEATTLE|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 20th||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 21st||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 22nd||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 23rd||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 24th||10:00am – 12:00pm|
|0720S-HS: High School Summer Math Workshop – SEATTLE|
|Arithmetic||Monday, July 20th||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Arithmetic||Tuesday, July 21st||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Algebra||Wednesday, July 22nd||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Algebra||Thursday, July 23rd||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
|Geometry||Friday, July 24th||12:30pm – 3:30pm|
Register for a Spring or Summer Math Workshop
The following form will send us an email for your registration and payment. If you select the deposit payment option, you will need to pay the full balance due on or before the course start date.